Repeat after Me..."Perfection is Not the Move, Progress Is!"
The definition of progress can vary from one person to the next, but I believe that one shared understanding is that, progress is often not easy, not fun, and sometimes doesn't move quick enough!
If you are trying to figure out your next career move, here are 5 steps that you can take TODAY to get you closer to and make progress towards the career you desire:
1. Acknowledge that there may be some things that you need to release, relate to, and gather in order to move forward!
2. Accept that you just may not be able to do the things in #1 by yourself, you may need help!
3. Ask for the thing(s) that you need to move forward. This is sometimes hard, but do it anyway!
4. Align yourself (mentally, physically, emotionally, etc.)with the work that needs to be done to get to where you want to go!
5. Activate in the interest of moving forward and making progress even if it's not perfect!
What has been your biggest challenge with getting closer to the career that you desire? I would love to hear from you in the comments below.